FSMS Cub Counseling Mission Statement:
Cub Counseling is centered on building relationships which positively influence student potential in diverse settings as students learn to navigate social/emotional development while focusing on excellence through purpose.
The Cub Counseling Program will be delivered by school counselors, administrators, and teachers through various means. The program will address intra-personal effectiveness, interpersonal effectiveness, post-secondary planning, career readiness, personal health, personal and safety. The intention of the Cub Counseling Program is to serve students, parents, teachers, staff, and community members affiliated with FSMS. Our program will have a year at glance of major activities to be completed throughout the year. It will also include integrated classroom guidance to be provided by counselors and teachers through different presentation styles including but not limited to lecture presentations, videos, games, and activities.
FSMS Counseling Philosophy:
It is the desire of the Cub Counseling Staff for students to find purpose and excellence in their personal social/emotional/educational development, learn to value and honor healthy relationships, and to recognize the unlimited potential within themselves.
FSMS Counseling Core Beliefs:
1. Every student has the potential to learn when provided with a safe and healthy environment.
2. Every student is valued as an individual with individual needs.
3. All students should be provided with resources and tools to help them identify their strengths, weaknesses, and potential.
4. Students along with their parents are responsible for monitoring their educational progress with the assistance of the school counselor.
5. Counselors will participate in professional development that is focused on improving their skills and knowledge.