- Request New Materials
- Videos and Copyright
- Curriculum Mapped Digital Resources
- Help Doc of Premium Library Resources
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Technology Help
- Photos for the FSMS Website
Need to make a reservation for the library? Check the calendar below to check availability. E-mail the librarian, or click here to request a reservation.
As educators, we have a responsibility to model ethical and legal use of media, including print media, digital media, photos, videos, etc.
What media is acceptable for me to print or reproduce digitally?
- Please refer to the Copyright & Printing in Schools guide below. For more information, visit this LINK for the US Government handout on copyright and reproduction of materials for education.
- Another excellent resource is "Copyright & Creativity for Ethical Digital Citizens" (LINK) by the American Association of School Librarians (AASL).
How do I know if it is legal to show a video?
Please refer to the chart below for information on the legal use of videos during school. Click HERE to view the movies we are licensed to show on campus.
Copyright and Printing in Schools:
Copyright and Showing Videos in Schools:
The library team is hard at work finding digital resources to support your curriculum. Visit this LINK to find digital resources such as books, articles, and videos by instructional unit.
Don't see a topic you need? Contact Becky Shuffield to pull digital resources for you.
For help pages on FSMS Library Services, visit this LINK.
For the Symbaloo page of student "research apps," select this link (or the Student Resources link).
Soundzabound Music Library offers a wide variety of music, audio themes and sound effects for grade K -12 and universities that ensures your copyright safety. Perfect for podcasts, PowerPoint™, videos, news, shows, video yearbooks, digital storytelling, presentations, TV broadcasts, web design and more! LINK
2.0 Tools are interactive websites that provide some service such as allowing users to research, organize information, or create products or presentations.
See this LINK for "Best Digital Tools for Teaching and Learning" from the American Association of School Librarians. Find some great resources at the link!
See this LINK from Heritage High School for numerous resources.
- How to help a student fix their Chromebook - LINK
- Contact Noe Gonzalez @ extension 5635 and/or see next bullet point.
- Create an Incident IQ Technical Support ticket.
To add a printer via Mosyle Manager:
From the launchpad or from your system tray, click the Mosyle icon
Select the printer you want to add and click execute. If this does not solve the problem you can manually install using these instructions and printer names.
Go to System Preferences
Click Printers and Scanners
Click the plus (+)
Click the IP tab.
Type in the printer name you need from list of names into the Address line
If you would like to change the name of the printer (what you see on your list), go down to Name and rename the printer.
Click add and Continue.
Go to Default Printer and choose the main printer you will use.
Promethean Board Troubleshooting - changing sources
- For assistance with technology integration, e-mail your subject area instructional coordinator (link); iTechs for instructional technology, Alaina Aday, John Allen, or Ann Witherspoon; Mrs. Shuffield for online digital research resources and citing sources lessons.
Photos of all the great things our students are doing are needed for the FSMS website, so please share them with Mrs. Shuffield so she can upload them onto the website. Landscape, horizontally-oriented photos work best! Additional reminders:
- Upload photos into this shared Google folder (link) and/or email Mrs. Shuffield.
- Include a brief description of the class activity, sporting event, extracurricular activity, etc.
- Please refer to the FERPA list for students whose photos should not be published on the FSMS website.